Tanning can be a latest trend in foreign countries, but here in India, we have to take every possible step to maintain our fair skin tone, especially during summers. Not everyone like that bronzed skin tone and it is totally right to preserve the natural god gifted skin. Avoiding tanning is a good thing because along with tan, the other harmful effects of sunrays are also avoided. Are you a person who fears skin tan? Chill! We have brought preventions for you to avoid skin tan.
Suntan can be avoided even if you have to be under it. According to experts, it takes approximately 15 minutes of sun exposure to develop a suntan. You cannot do anything to sun, therefore you, yourself have to take measures to avoid getting tanned skin. Hats, clothes and shields can help you protect your skin, but they cannot help avoid tanning. Go through the following tricks and tips to preserve your natural skin color:
1. Use Sunscreen Lotions & Creams
1. Using SPF’s is the most common way to avoid tanning. Choose a good natural sunscreen and keep applying it again according to prescribed time.
2. Apply sunscreen even when it is cloudy, sunburns can take place from clouds as well.
3. According to Dr Jhoomer Kulshrestha, Chairman and Managing Director Indian Institute of Cosmetology Trichology and Nutrition, sunscreen is determined with the skin type. For Example- People with oily skin opt for gel and powder sunscreens. She further adds sunscreen should be opted according to the skin color. For example- People with darker skin should opt for low SPF whereas fair people need to go for higher SPFs.Now that you know a lot about sunscreen, choose one that truly works from our collection of Sunscreen Products. The editor recommends:
- For Oily Skin – Sebamed Multiprotect Sunscreen Spf 50+ is a good option. It is water and sweat resistant.
- For dry skin – Avene Very High Protection Cream Spf 50+
- For sensitive skin – Dermalogica Super Sensitive Shield Spf30 New
2. Natural Remedies
Choose any one of these two effective remedies to avoid getting tanned and to cure tanned skin according to your convenience:
1. Natural Face Mask
Oatmeal powder (natural skin defoliator)
Procedure: In 2 teaspoon of oatmeal powder, add 1 teaspoon of curd then add 1 teaspoon of gram floor to make a paste. Scrub it on the face gently. Rinse off with cool water after 15 minutes. Do it every twice in a week at any time of the day.
2. Natural Face Mask
Gram flour (Removes dead cells and leaves skin young),
Turmeric (Makes the skin glow)
and milk (Lactic acid in milk helps in removing tan).
Procedure: Mix a pinch of turmeric powder in 2 tablespoons of gram flour. Make a paste by adding milk into it. Apply the paste onto your skin, wait for it to dry then put few drops of water on your skin and remove the paste gently by massaging in clockwise and anticlockwise direction.
3. Avoid Going Out In Sun Between 10AM and 4PM
The sun’s strength is at peak during these hours and it will be easiest for your skin to catch tan during these hours. It is advisable to be in shade or even indoors during 10am to 4 pm. The sun is comparatively weaker at other hours but you still need to apply sunscreen to avoid tan.
4. Check The Right Position Of Sun and Your Shadow
The aptitude to receiving tan is much higher if your shadow is shorter than your actual height. The trick is helpful for the people bathing in sunlight to obtain vitamin D. However, excess exposure to sunlight during these hours may damage your skin as well.
5. Prevention Does Not Only Limit To Outer Body
WHAT GOES INTO YOUR STOMACH ALSO AFFECTS YOUR TOLERANCE TO SUN. A blogger named Leslie posted how her tolerance to sunrays and amount of tanning caused decreased gradually, when she ate well for 6 months. However, there is no such scientific proof for this but there is no denying the fact that proper diet has miraculous powers. If you eat well, nothing can harm you. Not even sun!
Enjoy Summers 🙂