As the first hot breeze of summer blows, almost seems like the end of pimple and acne free days. Oily and combination skin needs a lot of extra care and attention, but to look at the fortunate side, it ages much slower than normal and dry skin and keeps away fine lines and wrinkles for a longer period of time. In summers you just need some extra efforts to tackle with oily skin problems. Here are some of the oily skin care tips that you need to introduce into your skin care routine if you are blessed with oily skin.
Face Clean Up
Cleansing face for those who are blessed with oily skin is utmost important. Washing your face 2-3 times in a day is enough to control oil on skin. Over washing can cause irritation and overproduction of excess oil that leads to acne. Use gel based cleanser and lukewarm water to wash the face.
- Avene Cleanance Gentle Gel Cleanser
- Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser
- Sebamed Clear Face Cleansing Foam
- Votre Advanced Pore Balancing Cleanser
Exfoliation definitely holds an important place in skin regime. During summers usage of scrub twice a week is more than enough. This part of regime keeps your clogged pores clear as clogged pores mixed with dirt leads to blemishes and breakouts.
- Natural Bath and body Cane Sugar Body Scrub Mango Mandarin
- Spa Ceylon White Tuberose Facial Scrub
- Organic Harvest Anti Tan Scrub
- The Natures Co Coffee Face Scrub
Toning is an inseparable part of oily skin care. Using a toner is summers soothes the skin and removes the dirt and oil on skin.
- Sara Lemon Citric Tonic
- Natio Young For Oily Combination Skin Freshen Oil Control Toning
- Organic Harvest Neem Tulsi Toner
- Avene Thermal Spring Water
For beauties with oily skin one thing to keep in mind that never skip Moisturizing your skin, it’s equally important for oily skin even if its summers.
- Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance
- Bottega Di Lungavita Dermoclarin Matte Formula
- Avene Clean-Ac Cream
- The Nature’s Co Garlic Anti Acne Cream
Choosing a right SPF according to skin requirement is must during summers. Just keep in mind Oil free and Non comedogenic Sunscreen. The sun rays can be highly damaging for your skin. So, always be generous with your sun block.
- Avene Very High Protection Emulsion Spf 50+
- Thalgo Sunscreen SPF50+
- Sebamed Multiprotect sunscreen SPF 30
- Inveda Sun Screen Cream Gel SPF 50
Products to Use & Avoid In Summers for Oily Skin
- SD Alcohol 40, Denatured Alcohol, Ethanol and Isopropyl Alcohol. These are commonly found in toners and should be avoided
- Sodium or Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate. These are commonly found in cleansing gels and are extremely dehydrating to the skin
- Mineral Oil,Petrolatum,Isopropyl Mysistate & propyl Palmitate as these ingredients encourage clogged pores.
- Skin Soothers : Retinol, glycolic acid, benzyl peroxide, Salicylic acid, citric acid are some great ingredients to control acne.
- Skin Calming ingredients: Aloe Vera, Cucumber, Calendula, Avocado are soothing and hydrating ingredients to look for during these summer months.
- Body hydrators : Sodium PCA (Sodium Pyrollidone Carboxylic Acid). This is a water-binding agent that helps attract water in the skin.
- Oil free Ingredients These attract and retain water in the skin, which is crucial for keeping oil production at bay
Home Remedies To Control Oil Secretion On Skin
- Grind and sift 2 teaspoons of dry oats, then moisten with milk,clay & drops of lemon juice to form a paste. Using your fingertips, massage this paste gently into your skin, and then rinse it away with warm water.
- Take half tomato grind or squeeze it and add 7 drops of lemon juice in that. Mix well then apply on your face leave for 10 to 15 min or until it becomes dry then wash your face using cold water. Apply this mixture weekly twice.
- Apple and honey face pack is undoubtedly the most effective natural face mask for oily skin that removes excess oil from the skin without stripping off all the moisture.
- Avoid Oily and fried food: It’s hard to resist junk food but if you want to take control over your acne say no to all those food items that are acnegenic.
- Avoid Sugary drinks: Most things that taste sweet are pretty high on the glycemic index and trigger skin-damaging effects.
- Avoid Diary products: Components in milk that are related to testosterone hormones can cause oil glands to go into overdrive, setting the stage for skin upset.
- Let your skin breathe Regular dose of heavy makeup can cause troubles for your skin in summers. Let your skin breathe by toning down the makeup especially the foundation. More layers of heavy foundation results into more oil accumulation.
- Make water your best friend Drinking 8-10 glass of water in a day can results in acne free skin with a radiant glow. Water not only helps you feel fresh, but it also prevents dehydration and will help wash out a lot of toxins.