Growing and maintaining healthy locks is considered a sign of good overall health, and corresponds to a good sense of fashion, no matter which gender you belong to. Nobody likes hair woes such as dandruff, dryness, breakage, split-ends or abnormal hair-fall. There are various age-old, time-tested home remedies that are known to repair any damage right from the hair roots, and essentially promote a healthy hair-growth.
Whether your type is long & lustrous, or short but shiny, read on and see how you can also achieve strong, healthy hair by following some simple, DIY Home Remedies!
1. For an increased blood circulation in the scalp, gently massage your hair and scalp using some oil such as coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil etc. or a hair oil of your choice.Leave it on for at least half an hour, before you wash it off using a rather mild shampoo
2. In order to cure dry and damaged hair, simply mash some Banana, and apply it directly onto your hair follicles. Keep it on for about 15-20 minutes, and wash it off using a nice yet mild shampoo. Try Using SLS or Paraben Free Shampoo.
3. Amla also is a great fruit which helps in giving you that strong and healthy hair. Massage your hair using a fine mixture of amla powder and some lemon juice, leave it on for about 15-20 minutes. Thereafter, rinse well and wash it off using your favourite shampoo
4. Fermented Rice Water, when used as a shampoo on regular basis, is also believed to make our hair soft, strong and shinier. Go in for natural hair moisturizers with good quality silk protein which are hair protective and many times these are even paraben free.
5. Curd works great as a natural cleanser for hair. Simply take some and apply on your hair for about 20 minutes, before washing it off.
6. That Henna works as a great colouring agent is obvious, but it is also one of the healthier options if you wish to colour your greying hair. Make sure to make it a part of your hair dyeing routine. You could safely try out this henna mix pack
7. Here’s another simple, DIY shampoo you can use for your hair. Take some green bean flour, black gram flour or even some chickpea floor. Add a little water to it and make a fine paste out of it, and cleanse your hair with it.
8. Wash your hair with Black Tea once in a while, this makes the follicles stronger and promotes a healthy hair growth.
Some Everyday Tips and Suggestions
- Indulge in healthy eating choices such as a good, balanced diet
- Refrain from fried and processed foods, as far as possible.
- Boost your hair care routine with nutritional supplements such as iron, zinc, magnesium and calcium. Include sufficient iron in your diet, since any deficiency of this particular nutrient can lead to hair fall.
- In order to avoid premature greying, prevent your hair from direct exposure to harmful pollutants and dirt in the air, as well as from heat and direct sunlight for too long
Some of the Dietary Supplements
- Inlife Hair Support Supplement– Vegetarian Hair support supplement with unique combination of Amla,Bhringaraja,Brahmi & Ashwagandha.
- Healthaid Hair Vit– Rich in Vitamin-B & essential Amino Acids To help nurture the texture & Thickness of hair
- Vista Nutrition Biotin 10000MCG– Helps increase strength of nails & Promote healthy hair
Written by : Dr Sonica Krishan
Author and Speaker – Healthy and Joyous Living through Ayurveda, Meditation, Yoga and other Contemplative practices
Published Books – Herbal Healers I Home Remedies I Healing through Ayurveda I Healing through Ayurveda Herbs in your Kitchen Garden I Healthy Living through Dosha Healing (Ayurveda)