Long before Sugar came into existence in the 16th Century, Honey was already famous as a natural sweetener. Honey is sweet and sticky brownish fluid, collected by Bees and other Insects. Making of Honey flourished in ancient times in Sicily and Greece, where animals, along with humans raided Honeybee Hives for the sweet reward. The benefits of Honey are way beyond its taste. It is loaded with Enzymes, Nutrients, Healing Compounds and Antioxidants. It is also a great source of Carbohydrates, which provides energy to the body.
To make One Pound of Honey, 60000 Bees travel up to 55,000 Miles and visit around 2 Million Flowers to gather Nectar from flowers through a complicated process of regurgitation and evaporation.
Why Organic Honey Instead Of My Favorite ‘Famous Indian Honey’ ?
Next time while shopping for Honey, look for the natural one. The one that guarantee not containg any type of Pesticides, Pollutants or Residues. Look for the following points before buying Honey:
- The Hives have to be proven Sugar and Antibiotics Free.
- Regular Testing, analysis of Honey samples is performed.
- Organic Honey Farming is supervised extensively for the certification.
- The famous and most preferred Honey brand in India is alleged to have High Sugar Content.
- The land users within the area of 5 km have to ensure that their land is Free of Chemical Residues.
- Phytonutrient Antioxidants and Enzymes are more active in Organic Honey, which ensures enhanced benefits.
Benefits Of Honey
Honey For Beautiful Skin:
1. Moisturizer: Honey is a Natural Moisturizer; it draws moisture from the air and puts it into the skin. It also makes sure that the moisture is retained into the layers that need to be hydrated and penetrated.
How: Take one teaspoon of Honey and spread it all over your face. Keep it still for 20 minutes and rinse with water.
2. Cleanser: Honey enzymes keep the skin pores clear and clean. Honey has Antibacterial Properties that kill bacteria causing skin breakouts and imbalances. Thus, it keeps acne away from your skin.
How: Mix 1-Tablespoon Honey with 2-Tablespoon of Coconut or Jojoba Oil. Apply to clean skin and massage gently. Avoid eye area and rinse with water.
3. Scar Fader: Honey is great for skin lightening. Its Anti-Inflammatory Properties lighten the Scar Appearance and increase Tissue Building. Honey has hydrating properties that helps in building new cells and its massage on skin recovers damaged skin.
How: Mix 1 Spoon Honey with 1 Spoon Coconut Oil. Apply on affected area and massage for 2 minutes. Put a hot cloth afterwards. Do it daily for best results.
Honey For Strong And Shiny Hair:
1. Hair Highlighter: Glucose Oxidase, an enzyme in Honey releases Hydrogen Peroxide, which is a known agent for color lightening.
How: Blend 3 Tablespoons of Honey with 2 Tablespoons Water. Apply the mixture on clean hair for an hour and rinse with water. Do it weekly.
2. Conditioner: Honey has Nutrients and an Enzyme that makes dull hair shine without making it greasy. It smoothes the cuticle and you get the soft strands that you have always wished for.
How: Mix 1 Tablespoon of Honey with 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil. Apply to the bottom two third part of your hair. Let it still for 20 minutes and then rinse.
Honey for Internal Body Wellness
1. High Blood Pressure, Obesity and High Cholesterol: According to Ayurveda, Honey kicks out Fat and Cholesterol from Body Tissues.
How: Mix one teaspoon of Honey into hot water along with 5 to 10 drops of Apple Cider Vinegar. Drink the mixture early in the morning every day.
2. Oral Ulcers: Apply One-Teaspoon Honey and One Pinch Turmeric on the sores of Mouth or Tongue. This mixture will generate Saliva and Toxins will be drawn out. Spit the mixture out for healing.
How: Drink the mixture of Warm Milk and Honey daily to cure internal Ulcers.
3. Hiccups: Hiccups occur due to the contraction of the Diaphragm. To cure them, you need Anti Spasmodic Elements. The elements are present in the remedy below.
How: Blend 2-Teaspoon Honey and Castor Oil in container. Dip your finger in the mixture and lick it. Repeat after 10 minutes if Hiccups did not stop.
4. Cancer And Heart Diseases: Honey contains Antioxidants and Flavonoids that reduce the risk of Cancer and Heart Diseases.
Source- Health Digest
Now that you know a number of honey benefits, bringing it home is necessary. However, buy organic honey only; otherwise, all of the efforts will go worthless.