“There’s nothing more important than our good health – that’s our principal capital asset.” —Arlen Specter
Do you remember the first time you learned to ride a bicycle? If yes, then the most important part was getting the equilibrium on pedals, wasn’t it? Once you know how to balance, the pedals start to turn effortlessly.Same is the case when you choose food. Once you learn to maintain a balance between having nutritious foods and ensuring the right amount of food intake, you will see your body functioning smoothly.
Here are the ten tips that can help you stay fit and healthy. They are as easy as riding a cycle; once you’ve got the balance right, things will start working easily!
- Don’t find the time to exercise, make it.Go for a walk, join an aerobic activity or do yoga and meditation. Giving 30-45 minutes every day to your body ensures better blood regulation and helps you stay active and attentive all day long.
- Take the stairsWhile it may look like a trivial thing to do, especially when rushing to your workplace, taking the stairs instead of lifts or escalators help build your core muscle strength and acts as a good form of cardio.
- Cut down on your bad habitsSmoking and drinking are one of the main causes of coronary heart diseases. Don’t put your life at stake.
- Get the G-factorObesity can increase the risk of diseases. Stick to a well-balanced diet that is low in fat and high on vitamins and fiber. Take good amount of fruits and vegetables. Eat five portions of fruit and vegetables a day. Add dry fruits to breakfast cereal, and have healthy evening snacks.
- Don’t go with the taste of your tongueTo maintain a healthy blood pressure, cut down on the use of salt and spices in the food you eat.
- Food is Essential Never skip your meals. Three meals a day is a must have. And if you can, you can also break it down to 5-6 small meals in a day.
- Keep stress out of your wayIf you’re feeling a bit under the cosh, clear your mind with a walk, go out with your friends, read a novel and listen to some soothing music. It will help put your mind back in place and reduce tension.
- Quench your Thirst Small changes to your diet can give you positive health benefits. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. It keeps you hydrated, makes digestion easier and removes all the impurities inside your body.
- Chocolate is goodSwitch from milk chocolate to dark chocolate. Dark chocolate can reduce risk of cardiovascular diseases, and is a good source of antioxidants.
- Rest and RefreshAs they say, ‘Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise’. Go to bed at a regular time each day and get at least 6-8 hours of sleep. Also quick naps at work can help improve your concentration and productivity.