Cholesterol is both our friend and enemy. It is essential for the right functioning of body at normal levels. However, when the intensity gets higher, our friend turns foe and puts our heart at risk.
What Is Cholesterol?
Cholesterol is there in every cell of the body. It is vital for the right performance of the body. Although it is produced inside our body, it can also take it in the form of food. Cholesterol is oil based while blood is water based. Therefore, cholesterol does not mix with blood and is carried inside the body by lipoproteins.
Important Functions Of Cholesterol:
- Creates Digestive Acids.
- Permits body to produce Vitamin D
- Helps in Structure Building of Cell Walls
- Body makes Few Hormones with the help of Cholesterol
Six Super Foods That Lower Cholesterol Levels:
Bad Foods To Avoid When Suffering From High Cholesterol Levels:
How Does Cholesterol Levels Raise?
High Cholesterol always brings the risk of Heart Attacks. High levels of LDL (Low-Density Lipoproteins) build Cholesterol in the Arteries whereas HDL (High Density Lipoproteins) takes Cholesterol to Liver for its removal from body. The Built Up Cholesterol in Arteries forms Plaque and Restricts Blood Flow by narrowing Arteries. Poor Blood Flow to Heart develops the risk of Heart Attacks.
The main cause of high cholesterol is genetics whereas obesity plays a tragic role as well.
How To Control Cholesterol?
1. Limit the intake of following foods to maintain Accurate Cholesterol Levels:
- Animal Foods like Egg Yolks, Meat and Cheese (Cholesterol)
- Dairy Products, Deep Fried Products and Baked Goods (Saturated Fats)
- Fried and Processed Foods (Trans Fats)
Either you can lower the intake of above-mentioned foods or Workout enough to neutralize them.
2. Eat foods rich in Omega- 3 Fatty Acids like Peanut Butter, Fish and Tuna, or you can opt for Supplements.
3. Add Whey Protein to your diets. Whey Protein is separated from Milk in the process of Cheese Making. It is a complete protein containing all Nine Amino Acids, which are capable of keeping Bad Cholesterol away from you.
4. Exercise regularly and no food will be able to harm you.
In addition, do not take too much stress by hearing the word ‘Cholesterol’. It is developed inside our body for its good functioning. The only thing to take care over here is more than Needed Cholesterol Levels. You know how to take care of it through above-mentioned points. Other than that, do not forget to test your Cholesterol Levels every 5 Years and never buy any edible product before going through its nutrition quantities. It is recommended to go for 0% Cholesterol Products if suffering from High Cholesterol Levels.
Keep a check on your Cholesterol and Stay Heart Healthy!