Starvation diets fail to yield long-term weight loss results. So, why starve to lose weight when you can eat to your satisfaction and still burnt that stubborn fat?
Indeed why not, but such a good thing can’t be without a caveat. Obviously! You can’t eat just about anything and expect to get your desired weight loss results. The rule is to regularly eat foods that can fire up your metabolism and help your body burn fat at a faster rate. Metabolism is the chemical process through which your body converts food into energy. So, a speedier metabolic rate translates into your body burning calories at a faster rate.
Here is a list of top fat-burning foods that can speed up your metabolism :
Whole grains make for wholesome meals and can still help you lose fat. Your body needs to work extra hard to process the complex Carbohydrates in Whole Grains. This process, thus, spikes your Body Metabolic Rate. Also, the Fibre in Whole Grains can keep hunger pangs at bay.
So, include Whole Grain Cereals, Porridges and Bread to your breakfast menu. Add Brown Rice and Whole Grain Pasta dishes to your lunch.
- Add boiled whole Quinoa or Buckwheat to your fresh salad for extra nutrition.
- Whole Grain Pasta Salad with other fat-burning vegetables makes for a great lunch idea.
Vegetables are low in Calories; high in Fibre and Water Content and thus are great food sources for weight loss. Best Fat-Burning Vegetables are Spinach, Cucumber, Celery, Carrots, Chilli Peppers, Cabbage and Broccoli. For best results, consume your veggies raw.
- Steam or Roast Veggies using Olive Oil and Herbs. Olive Oil is another food source that helps the body to lose weight. So bonus.
- Make a hearty vegetable soup for dinner for a fibre-rich meal. Substantiate this meal with whole grain crackers or bread if needed.
Most Indian meals contain a lentil dish for lunch and dinner and for good reason. Lentils are low in Calories and are a great source of Vegetarian Protein and Fibre.
- Make a Lentil Dish with Fat-Burning Vegetables such as Chilli Peppers, Spinach and Carrots.
- Add Boiled Lentils to clear vegetable soup for a substantial dinner meal.
People on a diet generally tend to avoid eating fruits due to their high sugar content. But by doing so, you can actually miss out on the amazing fat-burning properties of some fruits.
- Apples are famous for ‘the doctor adage’ but this is an excellent fat-burning fruit and thus can help you keep those pesky kilos at bay. Apples contain Polyphenols, which helps to reduce fat stored in the body. Apples are also a great source of Fibre so they fill you up nicely. So, give in to your temptation and gorge on fresh Apples.
- Pomegranates also contain Polyphenols and can aid the body’s fat-burning process with their regular consumption.
- Avocados contain Monounsaturated Fats (Good Fat), which can keep your metabolism fired up.
- Blueberries can aid breakdown of fats in the body. Strawberries help produce hormones in the body that stimulate the Body Metabolic Rate.
- Pears and Citrus Fruits (Oranges, Grapefruit, Lemon etc) can also increase the Fat-Burning Capacity of your body.
- Whole Grain cereal topped with chopped Strawberries and low-fat milk is a great Fat-Burning Meal. Make Buckwheat or Oat Pancakes with Blueberries. Add
Berries to your Salad for that sweet and tart deliciousness.
- Make a Salad with Apple and Pear Cubes, Peeled Orange Stems, a few scoops of Avocado and dress it with Lemon Juice, Black Pepper and Salt.
Yep, Nuts – those little munchies full of Fat and Calories can actually help your body burn Fat; the trick it to consume them in the right way. Nuts like Almonds and Walnuts contain healthy Fats that are good for the body. This good Fat along with Protein and Fibre in nuts helps the body burn Fat. Eat Nuts unsalted and in moderation.
- Add Chopped Nuts to your breakfast Cereals and Salad.
- Use Nut Butter to make your |Whole Grain Sandwiches.
So, don’t starve but eat smart to burn fat and maintain your ideal body weight.