Most people underestimate the importance of eating in the morning. They prefer to have a cup of tea or coffee instead of eating something healthy. However, this type of routine is not considered a good one. Eating food within few hours of waking up is the healthiest thing you can do to your body.
Reasons For Not Skipping Breakfast:
1. According to Eric Rimm, Sc.D., a professor of epidemiology and nutrition at the Harvard School of Public Health in Boston, the sugar level in the blood goes upafter eating a healthy breakfast, and your body takes time to absorb it. Due to which, you do not feel hunger even after 5 hours of breakfast.
2. When you skip breakfast, the hunger hormones such asghrelin gets a greater boost and you end up overeating at lunch. This can result in your pancreas producing less insulin to reimburse the high levels of glucose and eventually it will burn, stop producing insulin and you will developdiabetes.
3. “Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Prince and Dine like a Pauper”. You must have heard the phrase, but do you follow it? In the busy hectic lives, with less time, people cut breakfast out of their priority lists. But my dear friend, if you do not make time for your health now, you will have to make time for your illness later.
4. If you are trying hard to lose weight, it will be difficult for you if you are skipping breakfast. Hundreds of studies have proved that breakfast is the key to weight loss. A study carried out in journal Obesity shown that overweight people who ate more food in breakfast than lunch and dinner lost weight faster than the ones who skipped their breakfast.
5. According to a latest study published In American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (AJCN), people who ate breakfast were more active in morning as compared to the ones who did not eat. Despite of eating more calories they did not gained weight because they were more active.
6. Kids need breakfast more than adults do because their growing bodies and brain need regular fuel time to time. Children may face deficiency of vitamins and minerals if they skipped one meal and this deficiency can slow down the process of growing up.
7. Now that you have decided to eat breakfast, choose a healthy one. Go for natural and organic foods (organic cereals). They are made with all natural ingredients and contain lesser artificial chemicals.
From the above-mentioned points, you can anticipate how important having regular breakfast is. I would therefore advise you to never skip breakfast. That is another case if you are not concerned about your health and well-being.